Berry Technician III
Job Type: Seasonal
Location: Hinton, AB
Hourly Rate: $34/hr Full-time (8 hour shifts + ½ hour lunch)
Freshbay is looking for hardworking and reliable individuals to join our team as berry technicians for the upcoming season. As a berry technician, you will be responsible for harvesting high-quality berries using proper techniques and equipment to ensure minimal damage to the fruit.
- Harvest berries in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining quality standards – as needed
- Handle berries carefully to avoid bruising or damaging the fruit
- Follow proper harvesting techniques to ensure the longevity of the crop
- Operate farm equipment such as tractors and forklifts to transport berries to storage areas
- Keep track of the quantity and quality of berries harvested. Identify complications within the crops and apply proper logic, assessment and treatment when needed.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment by following all safety guidelines and protocols
- Will manage 4 greenhouses at once and oversee operations.
- Will report to the Head Horticulturist with any problems and concerns.
- Safely and responsibly use and handle any tools provided by Freshbay Inc, such as pruning shears and loppers, and return tools in good condition at the end of shift.
- Provide collaborative feedback to team members and evaluate overall effectiveness and efficiency of teams in dedicated greenhouses
- Physically fit and able to stand, bend, and lift and carry (1 pound to 25 pounds) for extended periods of time
- Horticulture Degree from an accredited post secondary institution
- Attention to detail and ability to work efficiently
- Forklift certification
- WHMIS certification
- Standard First Aid with BLS and AED certification
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including early mornings, weekends, and holidays
- Previous experience in farming or agriculture is preferred but not required
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
We offer competitive wages and a positive work environment with opportunities for growth and development within our company. If you’re passionate about sustainable agriculture and are looking for a seasonal job opportunity, we encourage you to apply for our berry technician position.
To apply, please submit your resume and a brief cover letter after applications open in August 2024.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.