Security Officer I
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Hinton, AB
Hourly Rate: $24/hr Full-time (8 hour shifts + ½ hour lunch)
Freshbay is looking for a dependable and professional Security Officer to join our team. As a Security Officer, you will be responsible for ensuring the safety and security of our facilities and personnel.
- Monitor and patrol the premises to ensure a safe and secure environment
- Detect and respond to security incidents, including theft, vandalism, and unauthorised access
- Investigate security breaches and report any incidents to the appropriate authorities
- Respond to emergency situations and provide first aid when necessary
- Enforce company policies and procedures related to security and safety
- Provide excellent customer service to employees and visitors
- Maintain accurate logs and reports of security incidents and activities
- Collaborate with local law enforcement and emergency services when needed
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in security or law enforcement
- Must possess a valid security licence or be willing to obtain one
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Valid Class 5 (non-GDL) with a 3 year drivers abstract
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Physically fit and able to stand, walk, and climb stairs for extended periods of time
- Familiarity with security systems and protocols
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
We offer competitive wages and benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as opportunities for growth and development within our company.
To apply, please submit your resume and a brief cover letter after applications open in August 2024.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.